Modern Life is....? Pretty darn good!

I'm sure I wasn't the only one eagerly anticipating blur's reveal of two new tracks live on twitter last night. While everyone seems to have noticed the obvious Damon (Under the Westway) & Graham (The Puritan) influences I won't go on about that too much. But both songs sounded great.

I'm glad they have (at least) graced us for a short time longer, what with all the doubt about a new album or them splitting up properly. Both songs have now been released as a digital single with "Under the Westway" as the A-side, which although I liked "The Puritan" is the more deserving of the two to have that honour.


It also looks like they will also be releasing a gigantic retrospective 22CD boxset called Blur 21 to coincide with the 21st anniversary of Leisure album release. It also includes remasters for the first 5 albums, (so none for 13 & Think Tank; arguably their magnum opus) with all B-sides included, a biography, extra rarities and more. I'm guessing this is going to cost a big buck, so that probably rules me out of getting it for now, but it looks fucking fantastic if you can get your grubby hands on it!

PS - While I'm here I read Alex James' bio again a few months back. (Shock horror...  from a public library!) I still found it interesting even though I read it before a few years back & there was some questionable excess/morals due to fame. If you haven't read it and you like blur; or come to doodle of it even if you don't, you should get a hold of it!

Comments

Popular Posts